Thursday, January 05, 2006

The memory's fading..

Ever check your e-mail, and then you check out a few web pages and then you can't remember if you check your e-mail. So you check your e-mail and see you have no new messages, and then it hits you. I've already checked my e-mail, like 10 minutes ago. That's not a great memory there.

What about when you are thinking of a name or location or a person, perhaps vaguely, and then you completely forget who it is. It's on the tip of your tongue and then It's like your brain says "Not so fast little buddy!" and rushes that memory to the furthest recesses of your mind. So then you spend 15 minutes trying to remember something you had right there in your head just moments earlier.

The worst case of memory loss that can happen to you is this. You are in the shower, and you can't remember if you have shampoo'd your hair or not. You are thinking of something, going through the usual shower routine and then you have that moment when you stop and think, "Have I shampoo'd my hair?" Most of the time I can seriously not remember. I've probably ended up shampooing my hair hair twice on way too many occasions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prometheus said...

A similar affliction affects me too, mon ami. Thanks for linking to my blog. It's only fair that I reciprocate.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home